[Ffmpeg-devel] Interleaving audio and video

Roman Shaposhnick rvs
Fri Feb 2 00:41:45 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 09:42 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 08:10:28PM -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> > While implementing an idea suggested by Michael for restructuring DV
> > audio muxer I've come to realize that DV muxer currently expects a
> > caller to take care of interleaving audio and video properly based
> > on PTS valued. Now we know that ffmpeg.c does it, but is it fair
> > to require that kind of behaviour in general of all users of
> > libavformat ?
> >
> > Or to put it differently, do I have to care about caller giving
> > me the following pattern of DV audio/video packets:
>
> see av_interleaved_write_frame() (the docs above it)
> and AVOutputFormat.interleave_packet()

  I see. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess my followup question
is exactly along the lines of what Baptiste has asked -- should
we enforce it somehow ? Or perhaps have a flag for AVOutputFormat ?

Thanks,
Roman.