[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug Report - Invalid new backstep size

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 3 03:56:19 CET 2007

Hi

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:54:44AM +0200, Oren Solomianik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to decode an mp3, and kept getting an "Invalid new backstep
> 550". (sample at http://pastebin.ca/335365)
> I saw that in mpegaudiodec.c BACKSTEP_SIZE is 512. I changed it to 1024,
> built again, and then it worked.
> Just wondered what this backstep means and if I there is any significance to
> the max size constant.

read and follow bugreports.html, providing ffmpeg output on external
links will cause your bugreport to be ignored and not dealt with any further

also upload the mp3 file which causes this (a small part with which this
is reproduceable is enough)

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway