[Ffmpeg-devel] Interleaving audio and video

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 4 22:25:32 CET 2007

Hi

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 12:54:54PM -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 10:32 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > >   DV is more flexible in that regard. In non-locked mode the clocks are
> > > allowed to drift a bit. But I'm not surprised that GXF/MXF have the
> > > same kind of requirements as far as audio goes as DV does. After all
> > > the 3 of them are supposed to be easy for heavy editing. And once
> > > you start edit and splice -- I think locked audio with a fixed # of
> > > audio frames per fixed # of video frames actually makes sense.
> > > Wouldn't you agree ?
> >
> > as ive said, if you care about quality such things are not possible
> > unless you have the sampling times synchronized at hw level
>
>   Well I know that for DV the clocks are mandated to be synchronized
> at the hardware level. So there's no problem there.

thats exactly what i said, if your hardware has sampling times
synchronized at hw level then its fine but this is not true for all
hw, or in other words not every source is a DV camera

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates