[Ffmpeg-devel] Interleaving audio and video

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Feb 5 01:35:57 CET 2007

Hi

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:35:22PM -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 22:46 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi

> > >   It would be good to do that. But it seems that in his previous reply
> > > Michael didn't like the idea of a generic packetizer. Or did I
> > > misunderstand him ?
> >
> > common code between MPEG-PS and TS should of course be shared
> > but missusing interleave_packet() is not acceptable
>
>   Hm. In that case personally I don't know of any place I would
> logically extract this code to. So unless you or Baptiste can
> take a lead on figuring this out, I guess I would have
> to keep all of the packetizer code in dvenc.c. I actually
> have what seems to be a reasonable patch for it to get
> rid of Fifo and make code faster. Its just that it'll be
> premature to commit it if we can agree on a common place
> for such code to be in for all the muxers that require it.
> All in all, I think I'll wait a couple of days.

i really dont understand what you want, mpeg-ps uses fifos and thats
what it should use, dv does some sample reshuffle and _missuses_ a
fifo for this (which because its not supposed to be done that way is
slow), if you fix dv thats great, but i dont see what code you want
to share with any other muxer, cutting and merging packets is exactly
what a fifo should be used for, iam not aware of another muxer which
does mandatory sample reshuffle

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus