[Ffmpeg-devel] Build fail with --enable-gprof option

Alexander Strange astrange
Wed Feb 7 15:35:56 CET 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>> Anyone has a solution to this problem?
>
> Fix gcc.
>
> Please don't start a discussion about this issue.  We're getting
> weary.
>
> Diego

icc (the demo version for OS X) actually does the same thing:

astrange at build/ffmpeg/libavcodec> icc -O3 -mdynamic-no-pic -fno-omit-
frame-pointer -g -c h264.i
(some warnings)
h264.c(5992):  (col. 146)catastrophic error: can't allocate registers
for asm instruction

line 5992 being decode_cabac_residual().

This makes me wonder if any compiler exists that can handle it
without losing the frame pointer.