[Ffmpeg-devel] [Bug] h264 decoder crash (sample included)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 7 17:40:26 CET 2007

Hi

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 05:35:00PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 07 February 2007 at 17:25, Christian Iversen wrote:

> > > And *we* do not have tools to decompress proprietary compression formats.
> > > Please use bzip2/gzip/zip next time if you must. How much have you saved
> > > by using 7zip, by the way?
> >
> > Just to nitpick: 7zip is almost entirely LGPL (not that I like it either..)
>
> OK, I apologize for the mistake. Apparently there are open-source tools to
> decompress 7z. Still, I wonder how good 7zip is at compressing media content.

open source also doesnt mean everyone has it installed, i think its preferable
to use standard tools like gzip/bzip2/zip

... and there are also open source tools to view html still sending html mails
here will likely not be a pleasent experience ...

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus