[Ffmpeg-devel] [Bug] h264 decoder crash (sample included)

Christopher Lux christopherlux
Sat Feb 10 12:43:57 CET 2007

Tom Harper <d.thomas.harper at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 08:55 AM 2/7/2007, you wrote:
>> [h264 @ 0x86074e0]non existing PPS referenced
>> [h264 @ 0x86074e0]decode_slice_header error
>> [h264 @ 0x86074e0]non existing PPS referenced
>> [h264 @ 0x86074e0]decode_slice_header error
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> [h264 @ 0x85f9400]illegal short term buffer state detected
>> [h264 @ 0x85f9400]concealing 4080 DC, 4080 AC, 4080 MV errors
>
> I have seen this result from h264 received from the grandstream
> gxv-3000 phone also- it supplied a PPS and SPS but for some reason
> it was declared invalid for the subsequent packets-

Hi,
is there a possible patch to this, which fixed the crash and the errors in the decoding in such streams? From other experiences these errors occur very often in skyoneHD streams. As is wrote, in an older build (i do not know the exact number) the crash did not occur but there were strong decoding errors at the locations in the stream where the decoder now crashes.

Regards
-chris
--
Christopher Lux