[Ffmpeg-devel] Can not play a YUV file using ffplay

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Sat Feb 10 14:42:53 CET 2007

Bo Liu wrote:

> Hi
>
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:24:35 +0100
>> From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
>> Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Can not play a YUV file using ffplay
>> To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches
>>        <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>

(...have I ever mentioned how much I hate this kind of "attribution
line"? Makes life so much harder for those of us who are in the habit of
re-wrapping each message before it gets sent...)

>> Hi
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 06:48:17PM +0800, Bo Liu wrote:
>>
>>> I am now using ffplay to play a YUV file.
>>> The command line is :
>>> ./ffplay -f rawvideo -x 176 -y 144 test.yuv
>>>
>>> but there is an error like this:
>>>
>>> picture size invalid (0x0)
>>> [rawvideo at 0x8376db0]Could not find codec parameters( Video:
>>> rawvideo, yuv420p)
>>> test.yuv: could not find codec parameters
>>
>> fixed
>
> I don't understand ...this is already fixed? I'm using the newest
> version right now.

What "newest version" are you talking about"?

0.4.9? That's the latest released version, yes, but it's also truly
ancient and is not supported here.

dev-SVN-r7898 or earlier? That's not a recent enough development
version, the fix was committed to the SVN tree in r7899 at 8:24 AM
yesterday. (When a developer replies to a problem report with "fixed",
he means that "a fix for this problem has now been committed to the SVN
source tree".)

Any other kind of version number? You're almost certainly using a
packaged version, provided by some third party; such packages are not
supported here, and naturally the Very Latest bugfixes made by the
developers do not immediately go into such packages.

(Also, please learn to snip - specifically, .sigs.)

--
       The Wanderer just woke up and so may be a little grouchy

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.