[Ffmpeg-devel] decoding received H.264 stream

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Feb 11 16:01:11 CET 2007

Engin Kurutepe wrote:
> Dearl all,
>
> I am streaming h.264 video over RTSP/RTP using the live media library. I
> have been trying for a week to decode the received NAL units using
> avcodec_decode_video() to no avail because I have not been able to
> properly initialize AVFormatContext and AVCodecContext instances.
>
> What is the proper way to make live media and ffmpeg work together? does
> anybody have example code using RTSP (not necessarily live media) with
> ffmpeg to get me started?

Check vlc or gst they have a framer for h264 that are surely working
with streams from the darwinstreamingserver.

The is code present as rtp_h264 in libavformat but I don't know if it
has been tested.

lu

--

Luca Barbato