[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] dlopen vs linking for external libraries

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sun Feb 11 21:13:18 CET 2007

Uoti Urpala wrote:
> present. They don't cause problems with proper binary packaging systems
> either (such as Debian) when the system can take care of the
> dependencies.
Well, I hate install debian packages that depends of lot's of extra
stuff that is only optional.
For example some packages have dependencies on gnome or kde, even if
there are functionnal without them. So Why I need to install more than
50 Mo of extra deps for a feature I won't use.

I prefer stuff where the extra features are only enable if I install the
Suggested pakages.

Matthieu