[Ffmpeg-devel] configure option names

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Feb 12 00:43:54 CET 2007

While cleaning up the configure script again, I've come across a few
command line options with a little inconsistent naming:

  --powerpc-perf-enable

I'd like to replace this with --enable-powerpc-perf.  OK?

  --enable-a52bin
  --enable-dts
  --enable-mp3lame
  --enable-vorbis
  --enable-faad
  --enable-faadbin
  --enable-faac

For consistency, I'd like to prefix "lib" to each of these names,
i.e. --enable-libdts etc.  Objections?  Yes, users would need to use a
new command line, but I think more emphasis on the fact that these are
external libs is good.

  --enable-mingwce
  --enable-sunmlib

These two are named differently from the variables they define in
config.h/mak.  This is of no significance to the end-user, but it
introduces some confusion for build system maintainers.  I'd like to
change the configure options or the variable names

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com