[Ffmpeg-devel] FAQ English -> French documentation translation project

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat Feb 17 02:06:58 CET 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:22:40 +0100
Dujardin Bernard <dujardin.iut at numericable.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I join a fresh french translation of the Ffmpeg faq.texi.
> If somebody has time to review it.

First remark: it seems your translation is encoded as iso-8859-1.
Maybe it would be better to encode it as utf-8 ? (note that I know
almost nothing about texinfo so I might be plain wrong)

Second remark: for this translation to be useful, it will have to
stay synchronized with the english version. Do you volunteer to keep
it up to date ?

> [...]
>
> @section Pourquoi les donn_es de chrominance semblent _chantillonn_es _ une vitesse diff_rente que les donn_es de luminance lors des captures bt8x8 sur Linux ?

"?chantillonn?es ? un instant diff?rent" ?

> C'est un bogue bien connu du pilote bt8x8. Pour le noyau 2.4.26 il existe un
> patch sur (@url{http://mplayerhq.hu/~michael/bttv-420-2.4.26.patch}).

Not related to the translation itself, but this url is dead.

> Une solution est d'appliquer
> (@url{http://mplayerhq.hu/~michael/bttv-comb-2.4.26.patch})
> our (@url{http://mplayerhq.hu/~michael/bttv-comb-2.6.6.patch})
  ^^^^
Should be "ou".

Note that those urls are dead too.

> Peut-_tre serez vous chanceux en devenant la premi_re personne
> de l'histoire _ obtenir une r_ponse diff_rente autre que "upgrade to Subversion HEAD".
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^
Remove this word.

> @table @option
> @item le mat_riel n_cessaire

"mat?riel" is a strange translation (in this whole chapter).
Maybe write "param?tres n?cessaires" instead.

> Pour plus d'arguments sur cette mati_re lire "Programming Religion"
                                  ^^^^^^^
"sur ce sujet" ?

> Pourquoi les programmes FFmpeg est d_pourvu de symboles de d_bogage ?
                                 ^^^
sont

Aurel