[Ffmpeg-devel] dts decoding broken?

Ian Caulfield ian.caulfield
Sat Feb 17 02:13:33 CET 2007

On 17/02/07, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> "Andreas ?man" <andreas at olebyn.nu> writes:
> > We lose the ability to specify 2channel surround downmix (as Justin
> > pointed out) and similar stuff, but that might be better to provide
> > in separate flags anyway.
>
> What is 2-channel surround?  Something akin to Dolby Prologic?

Basically it's a downmix of a Left, Right, Centre and Surround into
two channels. The dolby surround channels could be specified as
different channels to regular left/right (they're generally
abbreviated to Lt/Rt rather than L/R), or a flag for surround downmix
could be used. Would we ever not want to use this downmixing mode
though?

Ian