[Ffmpeg-devel] swscaler equivalent to img_convert

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Feb 18 14:47:11 CET 2007

Hi

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:32:10PM +0100, GizmoSDK wrote:

> 17 feb 2007 kl. 15.26 skrev Alex Beregszaszi:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >>Will there be a implementation of the img_convert using the swscaler
> >>option ?
> >>
> >>There is a difference in using scaler and convert when using RGBA32.
> >>The alpha value is set to zero in conversions in swscaler and in
> >>img_convert it is set to 0xff.
> >>
> >>I would prefer to have swscaler to set the alpha values to 0xff when
> >>converting from a non alpha format to RGBA32 or BGRA
> >
> >configure with --enable-swscaler. Also note that currently the builtin
> >scaler sets alpha to 0 too.
> >
> >--
> >Alex Beregszaszi
>
> Well. That's what I wrote.
>
> I think it would be good to have a compatible img_convert implemented
> with swscaler when the --enable-swscaler is used. I think there are a
> coule of important issues to be solved.
>
> 1. img_convert should have a equiv implementation with sws_scale so
> you can build compatible builds with or without --enable-swscaler

you can use swscale even if its disabled, it will use img_convert then
see ffmpeg.c

> 2. The alpha values of sws_ routines should be set to 0xff when
> creating alpha values out of non alpha source pixel formats as this
> describes the opacity in most cases.

send patch and benchmark and we can disscuss it, i wont agree to this
without knowing what effect it has on speed

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus