[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg logo

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Feb 20 01:43:02 CET 2007

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Last year we never managed to decide on a logo in time for LinuxTag.
> I'm hoping we might be able to do better this year, so I've made a
> couple of variants based on one of the ideas I liked best from last
> year's discussions.
>
> My sketches are based on the zigzag scan used in MPEG2 video.  The
> first has a full 8x8 scan.  I though this looked a bit cluttered, so I
> took the artistic freedom of reducing it to 4x4, resulting in the
> second version.  The last one is for interlacing aficionados only.
> I'm afraid it might not go down too well with the crowd...
>
> Now I'm waiting for you all to bring out your best artistic talent,
> and come up with some better ideas.  Or failing that, at least show me
> some different ideas.  Failing that too, well, in that case, don't
> bother.  Write some code instead.
>
> Remember, this is a logo, not a painting, so try to keep it simple.
> Avoid small details and excessive use of color.

Out of those I like the 4x4 one. I think I still have mine lying around
somewhere but no one ever decided on a 'winner' or even collected them and made
a vote. I would hope that we could find one solid, simple logo that can replace
that disgusting, grainy, pixellated, fading fire text there is on the home page
that we can use for events, the web site or even merchandise. I'd wear and
FFmpeg-branded thong. Well, maybe not, but I'd wear a T-shirt.

Rob