[Ffmpeg-devel] bug report: ffmpeg converting error - AVI to MP4

Jimmy jimmy_x86
Tue Feb 20 14:00:40 CET 2007

Can please someone tell me where I can find for download FFmpeg build 4747 for Win32 ? I tried searching the net for it but I'm unable to find it.

Thanks alot !!

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote: Hi

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 08:31:34AM +0200, Kostya wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 11:06:20AM -0800, Jimmy wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I am trying convert from AVI to MP4.
> > The codecs I use for AVI are:
> >     - video: PicVideo M-JPEG
> >     - audio: PCM 44.1kHz, 16 bit, stereo
> >
> > The convertion process goes smoothly for a while and at a point ffmpeg starts returning alot of errors.
> > The most common is "[mjpeg @ 0x840fbc0]Subsampling in JPEG-LS is not supported."
> > >From the time the error occurs the resulted MP4 has white image frames.
> > I am recording with iuVCR v. 4.7.4.293.
>
> This codec violates JFIF format.
>
> Those pictures which are almost correct are missing huffman table 0x00
> (ancient FFmpeg build 4747 handles them correctly, new FFmpeg and
> libjpeg-based programs could not handle them at all).

does 4747 work and 4748 fail?
and yes picvideo mjpeg should be supported, no matter if they violate the
standards or not

Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves? -- Diogenes of Sinope