[Ffmpeg-devel] bug report: ffmpeg converting error - AVI to MP4

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Feb 21 00:25:16 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 00:02 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > ftp uses plaintext passwords too. Maybe using the password to open an
> > ftp connection is somewhat less risky than sending it in email, but
> > neither is very safe.
>
> when you have 2 holes justifying each with the existence of the other will
> lead to neither ever be fixed, password delivery to the devels is the first
> authentication is the second, i cant fix the later currently as i am not
> root at mphq and i know root would ignore me like they did with most other
> things

I think nobody tries to justify the plaintext ftp passwords by "we'll
send them over email anyway". The ftp password leaking also shouldn't
cause any catastrophic security break assuming the server is set up
properly. It'd only allow using the server bandwidth until someone
noticed.