[Ffmpeg-devel] Network patch for MingW users

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 21 19:27:10 CET 2007

Hi

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 04:10:58PM -0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Alex Beregszaszi said:
> > Hi,

> >> Yes, and I don't like it that way.

> >> I had something like this in mind:
> >>
> >> #if SANE_SYSTEM
> >> #define ff_network_errno() errno
> >> #define FF_NETWORK_ERROR(err) err
> >> #elif WINDOWS
> >> #define ff_network_errno() WSAError()
> >> #define FF_NETWORK_ERROR(err) WSA##err
> >> #endif
> >>
> >> /* ... */
> >>
> >> if(ff_network_errno() == FF_NETWORK_ERROR(EFOO)){
> >>     deal_with_it();
> >> }
> >
> > What about ff_net_ and FF_NET_ ?
>
> Whatever.
>
> >> It's slightly more code, but it makes the code easier to understand without
> >> looking up the definitions of the macros.
> >
> > Can we do a short voting about this now?
> >
> > I perfectly ok with both systems.
>
> Fine, then what is there to vote about?

i vote for if(foobar == WHATEVER(ESOMETHING)) instead of if(barfoo(ESOMETHING))

> Besides, I'm against voting over
> design decisions.  Whoever is right should get to decide, not whoever has
> the loudest voice.

seconded but how do we know who is right? knowing who has the loudest voice
who is best at arguing or what the majority wants is easy, but knowing who is
ultimately right is very hard, if it where easy we wouldnt all have such
corrupt and incompetent governments

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin