[Ffmpeg-devel] Network patch for MingW users

koyama tadayoshi koyama
Thu Feb 22 05:04:52 CET 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 5:28 AM, Ryan Martell wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Ryan Martell wrote:

>>> Please comment the #endif lines if the #if is not close.
>>
>> Actually, in looking at this, I have come up with a better way.
>>
>> create an opensocket() like closesocket().
>>
>> opensocket() calls WSAImAWindowsCrackProgrammer(), then calls socket()
>> on other machines, just calls socket()
>>
>> clossocket() for mingw calls close() then WSAShutdown().
>>
>> It's clean, and I like it.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> (Will post patch in a second...)
>
> As above.  This is clean.  I like it.
>
> (note this doesn't do anything until the configure stuff is done.
> Also note that it hasn't been tested yet on windows).

My thought.
tcp_open calls resolve_host() before socket(), and
resolve_host() won't work unless WSAStartup() is called.

I think initialize/cleanup calls shoud be made in applications code,
not in a function of av library.

i.e. ffserver/ffplay should calls them by itself, in it's main() or such.

TK