[Ffmpeg-devel] Any pointers on how to connect to an MJPEG stream?

Robert Harle rkh23
Thu Feb 22 17:29:54 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a camera that outputs an MJPEG stream to my network  (connecting
to http://camera_ip/mjpegstream).  I want to be able to obtain frames
from the video using libavformat.  I can do this from a video file using
av_open_input_file(), but I'm not sure how to convert to a stream.  At
present I have:

av_open_input_file(&formatctx, filename, NULL, 0, NULL);

I see there is an av_open_input_stream() but I'm unsure as to the
parameters to pass to it, or even if this is intended to do what I want.

Can anyone offer a suggestion, or a resource to try?

Regards,
Robert.