[Ffmpeg-devel] Network patch for MingW users

Ryan Martell rdm4
Thu Feb 22 17:36:19 CET 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:04 PM, koyama tadayoshi wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2007, at 5:28 AM, Ryan Martell wrote:

>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> (Will post patch in a second...)
>> As above.  This is clean.  I like it.
>> (note this doesn't do anything until the configure stuff is
>> done.   Also note that it hasn't been tested yet on windows).
>
> My thought.
> tcp_open calls resolve_host() before socket(), and resolve_host()
> won't work unless WSAStartup() is called.

That's what I get for not having a windows box to test it on yet. ;-)

> I think initialize/cleanup calls shoud be made in applications
> code, not in a function of av library.

I disagree with this; it would require an application linking to
ffmpeg's libraries to "just know" to call the startup call.  However,
it might be worth considering putting WSAStartup into av_register_all
() or some other ffmpeg library initialization call.