[Ffmpeg-devel] ffplay reports 'codec not found error' with rtsp://../file.mp3

sanjay kumar gupta sanjay417
Fri Feb 23 06:25:39 CET 2007

When I am trying to play a mp3 file using ffplay as given in following command:
$ffplay rtsp://192.168.1.225:1230/sample.mp3
Then nothing happens and when I interrupt the program (^-C) then it gives error message saying "Audio Codec not found".
I am using Helix server as streaming server for streaming mp3 in the LAN.
Same url can be played using real player.
do I need to specify some other options to ffplay to make it working?

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay