[Ffmpeg-devel] DCT problem with decoded frames.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Feb 23 15:39:53 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 03:04:37PM +0100, paolo mosna wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm extracting an AVFrame from an mpeg stream using method:
> avcodec_decode_video()
>
> Extracted AVFrame is correct. But although, the option FF_DEBUG_DCT_COEFF is
> on,
> when i process dct_coeff array of extracted AVFrame, the system crashes.
> In order to process dct_coeff I must use coded_frame->dct_coeff of coded
> context (AVCodecCtx).
> Unfortunately such dct_coeff array result to be some frames head of the
> extracted AVFrame.
>
> Does anybody know the reason?

messages about crashes without gdb output are inappropriate for ffmpeg-dev
also detailed information like what container and codec has been used is
needed

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct awnser.