[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: DCT problem with decoded frames.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Feb 23 16:57:04 CET 2007

Hi

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 03:38:06PM +0000, Paolo wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > messages about crashes without gdb output are inappropriate for ffmpeg-dev
> > also detailed information like what container and codec has been used is
> > needed
> >
> > [...]
>

> Here the problem is not the crash of the application,

no but the gdb output from the crash is helpfull to analyze the problem
i can guess that its a null pointer dereference but i wont guess and
possibly waste my time searching for a bug in the wrong spot, sorry
no gdb output no help from me

additionally as said the codec and container type is needed, without that i
dont know which codec might be buggy

> but the fact that dct_coeff are not properly stored in
> AVFrame structures when extracted using avcodec_decode_video().

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into
despotisms. -- Aristotle