[Ffmpeg-devel] param.i_threads == num of slices?

Gonzalo Berdeal gonberdeal
Fri Feb 23 17:43:01 CET 2007

Hello everybody,

I was able to encode with several slices using ffmpeg (and ffmpeg was calling x264) with the parameter avctx->thread_count.
But now I am calling directly the x264 API from my code and changing the x4->params.i_threads parameter. However now the result is only one slice per frame.
Could anybody help me and tell me how to make different slices per frame?

Thank you very much.
Gonzalo Berdeal.