[Ffmpeg-devel] h264 stream decoding problem

Gonzalo Berdeal gonberdeal
Fri Feb 23 22:20:19 CET 2007

Klaas-Pieter Vlieg wrote:

> I hope someone can help me with this. I'm using ffplay to decode h264 streams and I want to make sure that the first frame which is decoded by avcodec_decode_video() is a keyframe. How can I make sure that non-keyframes are not reaching avcodec_decode_video() until the first keyframe is decoded ?

Hello,

I think that all the non-keyframes that arrive to the avcodec_decode_video() function are discarded by this function automatically and the function will begin working when one keyframe arrives. So you don't need to worry if the first frame arriving to avcodec_decode_video() function is keyframe or not.

Gonzalo Berdeal.