[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] lavf problems with mkv samples

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Tue Feb 27 01:14:23 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:13:07 -0500
Compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> michael asked for some samples where lavf demuxer has trouble
>
> i will write some more mails like these for other formats
> so if you want more or different information, please tell me now.

First let me say that I'm aware of some problem and limiations of the
mkv demuxer. But unfortunatly I don't have much time to work on it.
Still, I will try to fix all know issues at some point.

> tested with MPlayer dev-SVN-r22307-3.2.3

I gave a quick try to the samples you pointed, with ffplay (latest svn).

> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/archive/StarwarsAAC5_1anamorphicXviD.mkv
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/ticket-a_aac.mkv
> Playing ticket-a_aac.mkv.
> libavformat file format detected.
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Ignoring seekhead entry for ID=0x1549a966
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Unknown entry 0x73a4 in info header
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Unknown track header entry 0x55aa - ignoring
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Unknown track header entry 0x23314f - ignoring
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Unknown track header entry 0x55ee - ignoring
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Unknown track header entry 0xaa - ignoring
> lavf gives large timestamps on these files and requires -mc 0

It's an issue I was already aware. Confirmed.

> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/mkv_no_stream_found.mkv
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Ignoring seekhead entry for ID=0x1f43b675
> LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
> lavf fails, mplayer works

Works fine here !

> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/bug669-simpleblocks.mkv
> Playing bug669-simpleblocks.mkv.
> libavformat file format detected.
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Matroska demuxer version 1 too old for file
> version 2 LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
> lavf fails, mplayer works

Confirmed. This one is probably easy to fix.

> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/rv20.mkv
> lavf detects wrong fourcc? requires -vc +ffrv20

Plays fine here with any special parameter !

> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/Matroska/Mushishi24-head.mkv
> LAVF_check: no clue about this gibberish!
> if using -demuxer lavf -lavfdopts format=matroska
> Forced lavf Matroska file format demuxer

It seems probe function needs some tweeking. It's miss detected
as mp4.

> libavformat file format detected.
> [matroska @ 005A90C0]Matroska demuxer version 1 too old for file
> version 2 LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed
> lavf detection fails, and another matroska demuxer version 1 too old.

Probably same problem as bug669-simpleblocks.mkv.

Aurel