[Ffmpeg-devel] HTTP/1.1 Breaks ffserver/ffmpeg combo

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 28 00:50:29 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:36:55PM -0600, Ryan Martell wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2007, at 3:27 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 10:19:12AM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> >>Hi,

> >>Please use binary search to find the exact revision that broke it.
> >>You
> >
> >my guess would be that it was the http seeking patch which broke
> >it ...
> >if so maybe ronald has a clue why?
> >
> >[...]
>
> Not sure if this is relevant, but this may be the reason that my
> parsing wasn't working either.  http.c sends 1.1 headers now, whereas
> before it was 1.0.  In my case, that meant that the server was
> closing the connection after sending an entire .asx (playlist) file.
> In the new version, it wasn't closing the connection, so I was
> hanging waiting to read data from the connection in the format probe...

thanks for the explanation i think iam finally starting to understand
what is happening ...

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali