[Ffmpeg-devel] saving rtp packets contain audio data into file

sanjay kumar gupta sanjay417
Wed Feb 28 13:56:08 CET 2007

Hi,
    I am able to receive the rtp packets from helix server for mp3 file.
I am writing these RTP packet data (containing mp3 audio data) from helix server to a file directly but when I am trying to play this saved file in movie player (Totem) in linux, I hear some junk sound for around 28 sec and then it stops, though player tells that file contain data of around 4 min.
 Do I need to do something with these RTP packets in appication before writing it into  file in order to have the saved file in mp3 format (or any other audio format)?
I have seen the sequence no. of RTP packets. There are some packet losses.
Thanks.