[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg Theora encoding patch

Paul Richards paul.richards
Sat Jan 6 16:51:28 CET 2007

Hi,
Attached is my patch to add theora encoding to ffmpeg's libavcodec (by
using libtheora).  I am requesting help to fix the bug I mention below
and am seeking general comments before I submit the patch properly.

Files encoded using this encoder have a problem playing in VLC.  The
files will not play unless "Drop late frames" has been unticked in the
advanced video settings.  Hopefully someone can tell me where this
problem comes from.  I am not sure which API (FFmpeg or libtheora) I
am misusing.

--
Paul Richards