[Ffmpeg-devel] h263+: size of encoded frames after opening ffmpeg

Martin marthi
Mon Jan 15 14:05:12 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using ffmpeg to encode and decode h263+ video. While encoding, I
want to change the bitrate of the encoded stream. Therefore, I close
ffmpeg, change the bitrate in the codec context and reopen ffmpeg again.
I noticed that the first frame encoded is a key frame and the next 4
frames encoded after the first one are all no key frames. These 4 frames
are much bigger than other frames in the stream, that are no key frames.

Is it possible to stop ffmpeg from creating frames (that are not key
frames) with such a big size after opening? Even better, is there a
possibility to change the bitrate without closing and reopening ffmpeg?

Thank you for helping!

Martin