[Ffmpeg-devel] problem with avcodec_find_decoder

Daniel Dantas ddantasflu
Mon Jan 15 21:07:01 CET 2007

Hi,

  I got the latest SVN version of ffmpeg, and i'm having trouble with
  avcodec_find_decoder(CodecID id) function.

  I'm newbie in this subject so probably i'm gonna make some stupid question.

  I'm trying to decode and H264 coded file, and the function avcodec_find_decoder returns null when the argument is CODEC_ID_H264.

  The same happens with CODEC_ID_MPEG4, when trying to decode mpeg4.

  Some other formats doesn't work too, while others works well...

  I don't know what is happening, i think maybe i have to say to the compiler the codecs i want when building the dll's(I'm using VS 2005).

  Or maybe it has to do with some configure comand...

  How can i make these codec's avaiable ???

  Please help me!!
  Thanks
  Daniel