[Ffmpeg-devel] LucasArts SANM (Smush v2) decoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Jan 17 00:12:40 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 01:50:26PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Cyril Zorin wrote:
> > I guess I have to avoid breaking the ABI then =P I suppose the ABI won't
> > break if I place CODEC_ID_SANM at the very end?
>
> Yeah, that's the customary approach. New IDs go at the end of the list.

actually it should go to the nearest hole, for example:
    CODEC_ID_FFH264,

    /* various pcm "codecs" */
    CODEC_ID_PCM_S16LE= 0x10000,

putting it at the very end is unneeded

and we probably should document that somewhere in some "how to write a codec
for libavcodec" guide ...

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin