[Ffmpeg-devel] Summer of Code LGPL AC3 Decoder

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Thu Jan 25 15:22:14 CET 2007

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 10:27:12AM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>
>>Diego Biurrun skrev:

>>>This reminds me - how far along is the LGPL AC3 decoder?  And how far
>>>along are the other SoC projects?
>>
>>The decoder works, it produces sound. But I guess the downmixing needs
>>some tuning.
>>
>>The AAC decoder is working acoarding to Maxim.
>>And the bitstream parsing is almost finished on the AMR decoder.
>

> So when are these things going to hit mainline?  I imagine that having
> the code in mainline (possibly disabled by default) could speed things
> up a bit...
>
> Diego

I was actually planning on trying to do some work on the AC-3 decoder
next week.  The main thing to fix in the code right now is all the
duplication between the encoder and decoder, especially with the bit
allocation routine.  Also, I think those clicks and pops might be short
blocks (256-point MDCT).  I don't know for sure though...

Anyway, I was planning to do this long ago, but lost my internet
connection for a couple months, and have been really busy with other
stuff.  But I am on vacation next week, so I'll have some spare time to
devote to this. :)

-Justin