[FFmpeg-devel] MMX accelerated DSP functions for VC1/WMV3 decoders

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jul 1 18:35:32 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 04:50:46PM +0200, Christophe GISQUET wrote:
> here's a new version, where the license header now specifies strictly
> v2.0 of the _Library_ General Public License, which is probably the most
> I would accept. Its text is not directly available anymore from the
> Licenses pages of the fsf and gnu sites.
>
> The question whether I accept version 2.1 or 3.0 of the LGPL or GPL is
> moot, as you pointed their texts offer a kind of loophole to select
> another version, which I disagree with.

If you care so much you really, really should read the actual license
texts at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
and
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/old-licenses.html

because the LGPL 2.? is the only one that allows such relicensing to
later version AFAICT.
If this is your only concern you could still triple-license under GPL2,
GPL3 and LGPL3.
If for some reason you want to stay with v2 only, I would prefer at
least an additional exception that allows distributing it at least in
source form together with code licensed unter later versions of the
(L)GPL - Even though Michael thinks this is a given and unnecessary.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger