[FFmpeg-devel] libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c license

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Jul 4 12:15:37 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 04:10:43PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:

> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> [...]
> >> So, I reversed some changes, and yuv2rgb_init.c is currently not used. I
> >> left it there in case someone (not me - if the original author is
> >> against LGPL, I'll not try to "rewrite" that code) was interested in
> >> working on it, rewriting the GPLed parts.
> >
> > This was bad.  You should have documented this in the file header and
> > slapped a GPL license on it, plus a copyright notice indicating the
> > original author.  Unfortunately the file is already gone so this is not
> > so easy to fix anymore.
>
> I think the file is still in svn history, no? So, if needed it can be
> "resurrected", and the header can be fixed in the proper way.

I think that would be the best solution so that nobody that resurrects
the file in the future gets into the same troubles that you had.

> >  We should probably update the copyright notice of yuv2rgb.c, though.
>
> I am not going to touch those files anymore ;-)

I found it a great pity that you let yourself be discouraged back then.

> I think the original author of that file should send a patch for fixing
> the information in the header and copyright

Ideally, yes.  Since I don't expect that patch to appear I would
appreciate if you could attempt to do it instead.

> > P.S.: It would improve the readability of your emails if you could
> > insert a blank line between your text and the quotes.
>
> Sorry, I didn't know... I'll try to properly spacing my replies in the
> future.

Thanks a lot.

Diego