[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg source code is no longer C99 because of GNUism called case ranges

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Thu Jul 5 05:34:01 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 09:41 +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> Though the way it is used in mp3.c borders on idiotic.
> And the use in rv10.c probably can be replaced by a much cleaner
> if-then-else as well, at the "expense" of not warning about some to us
> unknown version numbers but instead falling back to some sensible
> defaults.

  rv10.c will certainly benefit from somebody familiar with this codec
taking a look at the code. For now I'm just providing a straightforward
rendition of the original one. But I agree: it can be made much simpler
if we drop the additional requirement of complaining about unrecognized
headers.

Thanks,
Roman.