[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg source code is no longer C99 because of GNUism called case ranges

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Thu Jul 5 05:38:42 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 09:09 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > My question, of course, is -- would it be acceptable to make code C99
> > compliant again at an expense of making it slightly less regular?
>
> The main code should be C99 compliant, extensions only allowed under
> appropriate #ifdefs and always with a proper fallback (think asm()).
>
> Patches, clean of course, to fix issues like the ones you mention are
> always welcome.

  Ok. Looks like there's no much disagreement on this one. Thus I'm
attaching my first cut at making the code C99 compliant again.

  Michael, please take a look. Does this seem acceptable or would you
want something fancier?

Thanks,
Roman.