[FFmpeg-devel] GPL version matter

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Thu Jul 5 23:10:32 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 08:08:10PM +0200, GISQUET Christophe wrote:
[...]
> As for the stir, I'm indeed sorry if that is considered as noise (even more if
> due to my being clueless), but it made things at least clearer for this small
> contribution, and somewhat for the ffmpeg project.

I just wanted to say I hope you don't feel in any way discouraged by all
the discussion and possibly some annoyed words, it's just that it is a
subject I think we'd all prefer not to have to bother with but at the
same time have learned that not bothering can be quite painful.
(and in my case as far as the GPL3 is concerned that I'd like to keep
the option since I do not like people using loopholes and feeling smug
about it as IMO Novell has been doing (not commenting on whether it was
a good or bad thing to do, just saying I don't like people playing
"license reinterpretation games" _knowingly_)).

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger