[FFmpeg-devel] Corrupted blocks and seeking issues in H264 disc sources

infernix infernix
Sat Jul 7 01:23:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy color issue bugfix! Current SVN looks perfect here.

Unfortunately I've ran into a more severe case of the blocking I
mentioned before, with current SVN for mplayer and ffmpeg. I have
uploaded two samples from a blu-ray source to ffh264_blocking and they
are also available at http://dx.infernix.net/ffh264/

ffh264_issue5.264 contains blocks in frames 44, 48, 64, 68, 92, 124,
126, and 166 (using mplayer -vo png to generate the pngs). I've made a
screenshot here: http://dx.infernix.net/ffh264/ffh264_issue5.png (the
blue indicators point to the blocks in the other frames). Although they
seem minor, when playing back they are quite noticeable.

ffh264_issue4.264 contains just one frame with a corrupted block, shown
here: http://dx.infernix.net/ffh264/ffh264_issue4.png

I am still hunting this source for more blocks as I recall there's one
occasion where it's even more severe, but I haven't been able to trace
it yet.

Aside from the blocking issues, neither of the samples are seekable,
neither as ES nor in the m2ts container.

Andreas, perhaps this new sample can give you more insight as to what
the problem is? If I find more blocks, I'll upload them and post a followup.

Thanks again!

Regards,

infernix