[FFmpeg-devel] Getting rid of codec_get_{bmp,wav}_{id,tag}()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jul 9 17:39:13 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:07:14PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:26:57AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> I'm at work now, but the number and names of files are consistent
> >> with what I recall from running the tests.
> >>
> >> It's the output of seektest that for some reason gets reordered.
> >
> > I think the reference file was created with a broken sort, because in
> > that "a-mpeg1b.mpg" comes before "a-mpeg1.mpg" which I'd consider wrong
> > no matter what kind of sorting.
>
> Some locales ignore punctuation when sorting, which would explain this.

Yes, they succeed with LC_ALL=de_DE. We should place a LC_ALL=C in the
script and regenerate the reference file IMO.
I still don't consider that proper sorting, but maybe some standard
actually says that's the way you're supposed to do it...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger