[FFmpeg-devel] libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c license

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Jul 10 12:26:05 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 07:28:00PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 11:00 +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> >   I am going to do this operation asap. Only a little question, before
> > doing something wrong with subversion ;-). Here is what I plan to do:
> > 1) svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
> > 2) cd ffmpeg/libswscale
> > 3) svn cp -r 23714
> > svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c
> > yuv2rgb_init.c
>
> So you want to document the license in a (new) file of the same name to
> make it more likely anyone looking at the history of the file notices
> it? I'd suggest only writing an explanation of the license in the
> temporary file instead of copying the whole contents of the old file
> there. If anyone wants to resurrect the old file they should be able to
> add the documented license header themselves.

I disagree.  Whoever should resurrect that file will most likely
resurrect the last revision, so this revision should come with all the
relevant information.

IMO all license-related issues should - as far as possible - not rely on
people doing the right thing and taking extra steps.

Diego