[FFmpeg-devel] OS/2?

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Jul 11 10:58:57 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:40:48AM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 02:33:49AM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > [...]
> > > for an example of cleaning up asm and removing MANGLE. I'm not sure what
> > > you mean by "less than ideal" here; using an "m" constraint with the
> > > same parameter will generally result in the same kind of memory access
> > > as MANGLE.
> >
> > This is assuming the compiler isn't utterly stupid or simply broken, which
> > is quite a strong assumption to make...
> > I don't really object to trying it out, but if someone embarks on the
> > mission to convert all of the code at once it might end up a huge waste
> > of time if we find it it actually doesn't work as great as some people
> > think.
>
> Plus, IFAIR, GCC-2.95 is likely to have trouble with lots of
> clobbers/input, isn't it?

I do not mention that compiler version in replies to certain people
because it will mean the thread will become an endless flame about
supporting outdate compilers without any other useful content, no matter
how often it was discussed.
Anyway, I consider indeterministic behaviour with current gcc versions
more critical than 2.95 support.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger