[FFmpeg-devel] Licensing gray area

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Thu Jul 12 03:47:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing the commits for the native LGPL AC-3
decoder.  But I found something that may be problematic...and then again
may not be...

I want to preserve the history in the SoC repository, but some of that
history has a GPL violation.  Part of the code is copied near-enough
verbatim from liba52, which is GPL, but is put under the LGPL header.
My subsequent commits will change that portion, rewriting the
problematic code, so the result will be okay.  But the violation would
still be in the source history.  So I'm not really sure how to approach
this.

-Justin