[FFmpeg-devel] Revoking commit rights for Ivan Kalvachev

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jul 12 04:27:48 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:36:41AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Ivan has repeatedly violated FFmpeg code of conduct by committing
> controversial, and today even illegal, code without so much as a
> mention on the mailing list first.  Such behaviour is clearly
> unacceptable.  Thus, I propose all his commit rights be revoked until
> such time he is deemed more trustworthy.
>
> Anyone in favour?

iam against it, ivan asked me and showed me the patch for the mpegidct
change (yes it was not on a public ML ...) and i said ok, ive missed
that the litteral interpretation of the license is highly non free

also ivan reverted it when confronted with the issue, so your
reaction really seems out of proportion even if he didnt ask me first

i think revoking write access should be some last resort meassure for
people who are unwilling to work in a team and refuse to accept that they
made a misstake or refuse to cleanup the results of their misstake
or refuse to listen if the maintainer says that he is against some change
or ...

Complexity theory is the science of finding the exact solution to an
approximation. Benchmarking OTOH is finding an approximation of the exact