[FFmpeg-devel] Revoking commit rights for Ivan Kalvachev

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Jul 12 09:44:56 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:36:41AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Ivan has repeatedly violated FFmpeg code of conduct by committing
>> controversial, and today even illegal, code without so much as a
>> mention on the mailing list first.  Such behaviour is clearly
>> unacceptable.  Thus, I propose all his commit rights be revoked until
>> such time he is deemed more trustworthy.
>>
>> Anyone in favour?
>
> iam against it, ivan asked me and showed me the patch for the mpegidct
> change (yes it was not on a public ML ...) and i said ok, ive missed
> that the litteral interpretation of the license is highly non free

I wasn't aware that you had given him the go-ahead for this, so I
retract my proposition.  This notwithstanding, you both made mistakes
in not discussing it in public first, and in not reading the license
thoroughly.

> also ivan reverted it when confronted with the issue, so your
> reaction really seems out of proportion even if he didnt ask me first

Reverted it in an ugly fashion, temporarily breaking compilation,
after bitching about it on irc for half an hour.  That is not what I
call cooperative.

> i think revoking write access should be some last resort meassure for
> people who are unwilling to work in a team and refuse to accept that they
> made a misstake or refuse to cleanup the results of their misstake
> or refuse to listen if the maintainer says that he is against some change
> or ...

Sounds a lot like Ivan to me.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd