[FFmpeg-devel] Revoking commit rights for Ivan Kalvachev

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Jul 12 19:03:00 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 04:27:48AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:36:41AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Ivan has repeatedly violated FFmpeg code of conduct by committing
> > controversial, and today even illegal, code without so much as a
> > mention on the mailing list first.  Such behaviour is clearly
> > unacceptable.  Thus, I propose all his commit rights be revoked until
> > such time he is deemed more trustworthy.
> >
> > Anyone in favour?
>
> iam against it, ivan asked me and showed me the patch for the mpegidct
> change (yes it was not on a public ML ...) and i said ok, ive missed
> that the litteral interpretation of the license is highly non free

I'll have to note here that we have already discussed this very same
subject before:

Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:13:47 +0200
Subject: [Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

We do carry a file from the MPEG reference code as well:
libavcodec/fdctref.c.  It has the same license and the same problem.
The difference is that we don't compile it into libavcodec, it's just
used in the dct-test program, nowhere else.  Note that the Debian
MPlayer package removes this file from the orig tarball.

Diego