[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH: COOK audio decode infastructure to support fixpoint optimization

Marc Hoffman mmh
Sun Jul 15 14:50:05 CEST 2007

This patch changes the way the data flows by introducing a vec_t data
type which is just unsigned char. This way we can abstract the low
level data type itself keeping the logic the same.  I'm using a char
type so we can walk through the data this is not possible with voids
to my knowledge. I have chosen to use vec_t so that we can easily
locate the vectors which represent the input and output signals of the
system.

I will then add a set of overloaded primitives to the existing
structure that handle the lowlevel stuff like quantization, decouple,
satruate, interpolate, and imlt etc that needs to know if your working
with float or shorts.  I want to keep all the logic the same so I will
also introduce a fixpoint fft which I'm in the process of developing
under the ffmpeg license as GPL code.

Please review: