[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SDP Generation

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Jul 18 09:27:16 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> Opss. I was under the impression that vsnprintf() printed at most n
> characters, and returned the number of written characters. Sorry about
> that, I'll fix the code going for an strlcatf()-like solution as you
> suggest.

I think this strlcatf() function can be useful for others too, and not
only for the SDP generator. Should I submit a patch adding av_strlcatf()
to libavutil/string.c?
Such function would look like:
/**
  * Append output to a string, according to a format. Never writes out of
  * the destination buffer.
  * @param dst destination buffer (string to which the output is
  *  appended)
  * @param size total size of the destination buffer
  * @param fmt printf-compatible format string, specifying how the
  *  following parameters are used
  * @return the total length of the resulting string
  */
size_t av_strlcatf(char *dst, size_t size, const char *fmt, ...)

			Thanks,
				Luca