[FFmpeg-devel] *$350* to fix FLV seek/cut bug

Cyrus A lists
Thu Jul 19 16:57:02 CEST 2007

Cyrus A wrote:
> Cyrus A wrote:

>>> While on the subject, I think Just recently someone in
>>> ffmpeg-user had the same, or a similar problem with
>>> generating thumbnails. It would not generate all the
>>> images, but end prematurely.
>>>

>> Just to clarify (because this has come up a few times now), I'm not
>> looking to make thumbnails or still frames. I need a shorter video from
>> a longer video along the lines of :
>>
>> ffmpeg -ss begintime -t duration -i test.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy cut.flv
>>

> Yes, it's now $350. You can reply to me privately with your patch if you
> want.
>
> Please see this thread for details on what this bug is all about. A link
> to my test.flv file is there somewhere.
>
> Cyrus

I just got a private submission patch that seems to work on the first
test. If the patch creator says its ok to put the patch here, and I have
tested it out thoroughly and found it to be sound, I'll post it here.

Cyrus